Well that last two days have been anything but uneventful. On sunday morning one of the doctors came in and woke me up and said that we had some decisions that we would need to make. We went into the NICU and were told that Brecken was not responding well to the ventilator that they had in billings. We had two options, we could go to the other hospital in billings which has a different machine and see if it would help, or we could go to denver where they have several different machines and far superior medical support.
The decision was made that it would be in Brecken's best interest to head to denver. By around noon that day my dad (Toney) and I were on the highway and Halsey was getting ready to go with the baby on the plane. Below are some pictures of the transport team from denver getting him ready to go.
The transport team at Billings Clinic preparing Brecken for transport.
Brecken waiving good-bye to the nurses in Billings.
Halsey riding in the ambulance from Billings Clinic to the airport.
Brecken's private jet...he's already spoiled.
Inside the plane.
5 Days old and he's already living one of my dreams...I've always wanted to ride in a helicopter.
Brecken in his new "isolete" getting ready to get on the chopper.
Brecken getting unloaded from the Helicopter in Denver.
Since we've been in denver things have been great. We've seen immediate response that the doctors have been unable to attribute to any specific change. One of the nurses said that sometimes all the little guys need is a "therapeutic plane ride". However, we've learned that there will be alot of ups and downs along the road. Fortunatly, we can live a little calmer knowing we are in the best place possible for out baby. We'll update you later today or tomorrow with some more specific progress Brecken has made since we've been here.